5 Ways To Use Twitter To Drive Traffic To Your Website
If you don’t use Twitter to promote valuable content on your website, then you’re missing out. Twitter has hundreds of millions of active users who log on to the network every single day. If you’re not on Twitter yet, then it’s best to create an account and get started right away!
Here are five useful tips to use Twitter to your advantage and drive targeted traffic to your website:
1. Get people curious about your content
Using clickbait titles may be frowned upon by some people. But if you want to drive traffic to your blog post or landing page or your website in general, then you want people to be curious about what it is you’re offering. Don’t leave everything on the table. Instead, try to appear mysterious to hook people in and get them to click on your link!
2. Use #hashtags
You can check out the trending hashtags on Twitter and try to get traffic that way. Or you can use your own hashtags if you prefer. If you can use catchy or funny hashtags, that will be even better as that can potentially encourage new people to follow you.
3. Use @mentions
If you’ve mentioned some influencers in your blog post or in your article, then try to look up their Twitter username or handle so you can mention them in your tweet. Reaching out to people this way is a great strategy as their followers will see your tweet too. If your tweets look interesting, they’ll not only click through to your site, but they just might end up following you as well.
4. Add graphics or videos to your tweet
Using graphic quotes on Twitter remains popular to this day. People simply love visually-appealing tweets. Other tweets that are getting plenty of love from Twitterverse are those that include videos. So if you want people to visit your website, make sure you include either high-quality graphics or a short video in your tweet!
5. Ask people to retweet
Asking people to retweet doesn’t have to be difficult. You don’t have to feel like you’re eating your pride. Come on, this is social media where the name of the game is to engage and interact with people! Don’t be afraid to add a “Please RT” somewhere in your tweet, so your followers know you need help retweeting your awesome content!
I’d love to see how you’re using Twitter to drive traffic to your website. Drop your Twitter handle in the comments so I can follow you!
- Using Brand-Specific Hashtags to Target Followers - August 22, 2018
- How to Use Hashtags on the Correct Social Platform - August 20, 2018
- A Guide to Creating, Researching and Testing Hashtags - August 17, 2018
- 4 Reasons You Should Explore a Persona-Based Content Marketing Plan - August 9, 2018
- 3 Essential Components of a Successful Content Marketing Strategy - August 7, 2018
- 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Build a Profitable Opt-In List - July 20, 2018
- Essential Steps for Building an Online Business - July 19, 2018
- Top 3 Benefits of Having a Strong Social Media Presence - May 15, 2018
- 5 Ways to Use Twitter to Drive Traffic to Your Website - May 8, 2018
- 5 Tips to Drive High-Quality Traffic from YouTube - May 1, 2018