Want to grow your brick and mortar business, start a business, or market your services? Online marketing is the way to go. It helps you reach a broader audience, sell, connect, and much more. While digital marketing may seem complicated, once you understand the fundamentals you can build on that knowledge as your needs grow and change. Let’s take a look at the basics of online marketing.
The foundation for your business online is a website. You must have an online presence to succeed on the Internet. It only makes sense. Now your “website” can take several different forms. It can be a blog, a brochure site, or even a storefront. The type of website you build depends largely on your business model.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Great, you have a website. Now what? Now you need people to visit your website and you accomplish that with what’s called “SEO.” It’s a strategy that embraces keywords and keyword phrases to attract the attention of the search engines, which in turn help your prospects find you. You can learn more about SEO in a recent blog post we wrote.
For example, if someone wants to buy a new big screen television they might type “Big Screen Television Reviews” into their search engine of choice, Google for example. If you’ve optimized your site for that keyword phrase, they may find your site and stop by for a visit.[sr-partner-os-audit id=1]
What does a visitor do once they’ve stopped by your website? How do you ensure you are able to connect with them, motivate them to visit again, or trigger a purchase? You get their email address. Then you have the ability to connect with them on a consistent basis and build a relationship, sell products or services, and provide value. There are different ways to gather email addresses. You might offer a free report or book that is delivered digitally. You might ask them to become a free member or to subscribe to your newsletter.
See what we did there?
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing involves connecting with your prospects on social sites like a blog, Facebook, Twitter, and even Pinterest. The key is to provide value in the form of thoughtful commentary, information, and sometimes by entertaining. You build a relationship of trust and authority which in turn motivates visits to your website and/or purchases.
All of these elements are tactics that can work effectively together. For example, you can promote your newsletter on your Facebook page. The key to making them all work well together is to create an online marketing strategy. Digital marketing is a powerful way to build any type of business. Learn the fundamentals and thrive.
Do you have a question about how you can utilize digital marketing for your small business? Drop us a comment and we’ll feature you on an upcoming Facebook Live!
- Using Brand-Specific Hashtags to Target Followers - August 22, 2018
- How to Use Hashtags on the Correct Social Platform - August 20, 2018
- A Guide to Creating, Researching and Testing Hashtags - August 17, 2018
- 4 Reasons You Should Explore a Persona-Based Content Marketing Plan - August 9, 2018
- 3 Essential Components of a Successful Content Marketing Strategy - August 7, 2018
- 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Build a Profitable Opt-In List - July 20, 2018
- Essential Steps for Building an Online Business - July 19, 2018
- Top 3 Benefits of Having a Strong Social Media Presence - May 15, 2018
- 5 Ways to Use Twitter to Drive Traffic to Your Website - May 8, 2018
- 5 Tips to Drive High-Quality Traffic from YouTube - May 1, 2018